We gathered responses from 200 brand owners from around the world – asking them how they create, clear, file, protect and enforce their trademarks. To enrich the benefits of the report’s findings for our clients we have analysed the data and included comments using a variety of differentiating factors, including trademark portfolio size, head office jurisdiction and industry.
For the fourth year running we have created a report that is both informative and useful as a benchmarking tool.
We found that:
- Over 90% of brand owners are experiencing misuse of their trademarks online.
- 48% of respondents are simply unsure of the best course of action for their filing strategy following the UK’s Brexit referendum.
- Two thirds of brand owners conduct clearance searches less than three months before filing the related trademark.
- 40% of brand owners file a trademark application less than three months before a product/service launch.
- Over half of respondents take five months or less between starting clearance searches and the launch of the related good or service.
These are just a few of our findings. To view the full set of results please request the full report through this link
This is our fourth consecutive year running the Benchmarking Survey, to read our reports from 2016 back to 2014, please use the links below: