Intellectual property (IP) values are soaring and often make up a high percentage of Enterprise Value (in some industry the majority). IP issues have a significant impact on business strategies. Many commercial transactions have underlying IP considerations, including economic vs. legal ownership, centralisation, effective provisions in licenses and assignments to protect brand equity, the vital importance of due diligence in acquisitions and the proper approach to valuation of IP assets in relation to transfer pricing rules.
We are holding three seminars in Hong Kong (10 Oct.), Shanghai (12 Oct.) and Beijing (13 Oct.) In these seminars, our speakers from the UK, EU, US, Hong Kong and China will take you through the most pressing issues and current topics surrounding IP strategy and planning and use practical examples to examine the various options available for commercialising different kinds of IP. They will also cover practical drafting tips and the pitfalls to avoid from an IP perspective. Our IP specialists works together as one team to deliver seamless service and 360 coverage for your IP needs including:
- Valuation and IP planning in the context of Transfer Pricing (e.g. IP migration, cost sharing arrangements, centralisation, etc.)
- Technology, know-how, R&D and joint venture agreements (practical issues and how to optimise structures)
- Due diligence for corporates – why IP rights are essential?
- Common errors in implementing commercial transactions (aligning commercial strategy, IP planning, tax, Transfer Pricing and drafting consistent documentation)
- IP fights in family businesses – the Hong Kong experience
We look forward to seeing you there. Please see venues, schedules and registration contacts below.
Hong Kong, Tuesday 10 October
Venue: Hogan Lovells – Boardroom, 11/F, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong
Schedule: 4pm – Registration / 6:30pm Cocktail reception
Contact: Rianna Chugani
Shanghai, Thursday 12 October
Venue: Osmanthus Suite, Jing’an Shangri-La, 1218 middle Yan’an Road, Shanghai
Schedule: 2:45pm – Registration / 6pm Cocktail reception
Beijing, Friday 13 October
Venue: The Ritz-Carlton, 83A Jian Guo Road, China Central Place, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Schedule: 8:30am – Registration, 12:30pm – End
Contact: Karen Yang