On 1 March we held our first webinar in the LimeGreen Live series which focussed on International Trade Commission (ITC) Section 337 Investigations.
The webinar was a panel discussion with former ITC Administrative Law Judge, Theodore Essex, Head of Hogan Lovells IP, Media & Technology Americas Practice, Celine Crowson, and former ITC Trial Lawyers Association President, Tony Pezzano. The panel provides background on the ITC Section 337 forum and discusses trends in ITC Section 337 investigations including:
- Expected trends at the ITC over the next two years
- The future of parties bringing SEP cases at the ITC
- How easy is it for NPEs to use the ITC
- Expected trends in life sciences related cases at the ITC
- What do complainants, particularly first time complainants, to ITC cases need to consider
- What do respondents, particularly first time respondents, to ITC cases need to consider
- The interplay between parallel ITC, District Court and PTAB proceedings
- The ITC public interest factors vs. district court eBay factors in obtaining injunctive relief
- The 100 day early decision program at the ITC
- What are the ITC settlement and mediation procedures
If you missed the webinar, you can now catch the recording here
LimeGreen Live – Our LimeGreen Live series of webinars provide further insight into some of the topics covered in our Global Intellectual Property Outlook 2018. Please register your interest in further LimeGreen Live webinars here.
If you would like to sign up for the ITC newsletter, please click here.