We are delighted to be sponsoring and speaking at the 140th INTA Annual Meeting, taking place on May 19-23 in Seattle, Washington. The event brings together 10,600 brand owners and IP professionals from over 150 countries to address new issues in trademark law and practice.
Six of our trademark lawyers will represent the practice on the following panels at the event.
- Katie Feng, Partner, speaking at session CSU50 “Copyright and Trademark: What They Can Learn From Each Other on the Internet Frontier of Trademark Protection.” Sunday, May 20, at 3:00 PM.
- Andreas Renck, Partner, speaking at session CM21 “The Fate of Color Per Se Marks in Europe.” Monday, May 21, at 11:45 AM.
- Imogen Fowler, Partner, hosting topic TSU73 “Tackling Look-Alikes in the Food and Beverage Industry in Europe: Strategies for Filing and Enforcing Brand Get-Up.” Sunday, May 20, at 12:00 PM.
- Charlie Winckworth, Partner, hosting topic TT67 “The Law on ISP Liability and Online infringement: Are we There Yet?” Tuesday, May 22, at 1:15 PM.
- David Taylor, Partner, hosting topic TT76 “New gTLDs: The Rise of the dotBrand and What Brand Owners Need to Know.” Tuesday, May 22, at 1:15 PM.
- Julie Schmitt, Senior Associate, hosting topic TW72 “EU Reform Part II : The Provisions Entering into Force on October 1st, 2017” Wednesday, May 23, at 1:15 PM.
Hogan Lovells is also proud to be a sponsor of GLINTA’s 2018 Reception at the Thompson Seattle Hotel on May 20. GLINTA is a group formed to recognize and support the LGBTQ INTA community, and it welcomes LGBTQ friends and allies to its events.
Our attendees bring to the event a diverse range of experience from the international trademark group; from representation before the USPTO, to appealing decisions of the EUIPO to Europe’s highest courts, to counseling trademark portfolios for Fortune 100 companies. The Hogan Lovells trademark practice, known as a “global heavyweight” (World Trademark Review 1000), includes all aspects of brand protection and enforcement and is supported by 240 trademark professionals across the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific.
Please click here to view the full agenda for the 2018 INTA Annual Meeting.
Date: May 19-23
Location: Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington
Sponsor: Hogan Lovells